Who we are
Within Forum Nachhaltige Geldanlagen (FNG), we are the local group responsible for Austria. FNG itself is the industry association for sustainable investment in all the German-speaking countries, i.e. in Germany and Switzerland as well as in Austria. As a Sustainable Investment Forum (SIF), FNG is in turn a member of Eurosif, the umbrella organisation operating at the European level.
Our primary aim is to promote sustainability and sustainable investment. We need to make the financial services sector and the public more familiar with sustainable investment and to continue to disseminate the concept of sustainability in the financial sector as a whole. It is vital to create greater awareness of the positive incentive effects which sustainable investment can have on society and on the environment. A further aim is to improve the political and legal framework for sustainable investments and to ensure that there is a quality assurance system in place for sustainable investments.
- Providing information about relevant developments in the sustainable investment market in the German-speaking countries.
- Regularly evaluating data on this topic and drawing up the sustainable investment market report
- Networking with decision-makers in politics, business and academia
- Assuring the quality of sustainable investments
- Carrying out media and PR work on sustainable investment
- Maintaining a presence in various financial forums
- Providing members with information, on the website or via email
Collaborating with suitable partners from the media, politics and academia, for example at events and initiatives
Who are our members?
Similarly to the local groups for Germany and Switzerland, there is also an Austrian local group for all members based in Austria. For example, an investment company, bank, foundation or other member which is domiciled in Austria is automatically also a member of this local group. All members are welcome to play an active role in the group and to put forward ideas and suggestions. If you are interested in joining, please get in touch with one of the contact persons listed below.
FNG operates through a number of working groups. Participation in the working groups is open to all members, including Swiss and German members:
“Communication and consultation” working group
- “Closed-end funds / Holding companies” working group
- “Networking with academia” working group
Wolfgang Pinner, Vice Chair Austria
Phone. +43 5 0100-19930
Claudia Tober, Executive Director
Phone:. +49 30 264 70-511