A new strategic direction for Eurosif // 21.06.2016
Following the appointment of its new Executive Director, Flavia Micilotta in December 2015, the EUROSIF board has agreed a new strategy for the organisation and as part of that process also revised Eurosif’s mission and adopted a new statement of the organisation’s purpose. This revision of the mission, purpose and strategy for Eurosif ensures the organisation remains at the centre of Europe’s policy setting environment and develops working projects that add value to its membership.
Flavia Micilotta, Eurosif Executive Director says: “In the past 7 months, Eurosif and the SIFs have put in place the changes envisioned in the organisation’s reorganisation and have further strengthened ties with EU policy-makers. The recent successful organisation of Eurosif’s stakeholder conference on the EU Capital Markets Union together with theItalian Forum for Sustainable Investment is a vivid example of this work. We are now looking forward to the successful delivery of the 7th edition of the European SRI Study in November.”
Will Oulton, Eurosif Chair commented on the occasion: “The Eurosif board has agreed a new strategic direction for the organisation built around promoting and further developing Europe’s strong sustainable and responsible investment market. This requires a high degree of collaboration and support between EUROSIF’s members and we are excited that this is now beginning to take shape under Flavia’s leadership.”
The revised mission statement is: Eurosif is the leading European association for the promotion and advancement of sustainable and responsible investment across Europe, for the benefit of its members.
Eurosif’s purpose is to:
1. Promote best practice in Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) on behalf of its members
2. Lobby for European regulation and legislation that supports the development of SRI
3. Support its members in developing their sustainable and responsible investment business
4. Promote the development of, and collaboration between SIFs across Europe
5. Provide research and analysis on the development and trends within the SRI market across Europe
5. Raise awareness of and increase demand for SRI throughout the European capital markets.